The Laserlight, made by beryl (formerly Blaze) is a sleek yet solid front light. It has everything you would expect from a high quality front light, but it also has a brilliantly innovative feature to increase your visibility on the road: a laser-projected green bike symbol which appears 6 metres in front of you. This substantially increases your ‘footprint’ and prominence on the road and can be particularly effective for key situations where additional warning of your presence on the road is beneficial (e.g. on the approach to side junctions or when being overtaken).
The Laserlight not only performs brilliantly, but it's also incredibly well made and thought out, from the confidence-inspiring aircraft-grade aluminium casing (with diamond cut edges!), to the etched and the silver nickel control panel. We were also really impressed with the built-to-last weather-resistant marine-grade steel mount and fully waterproof nature of the light (tested by full submersion to one metre for one hour!).
The light design also has many user-friendly features, not least the one hand release mechanism, ability to operate the LED light and laser independently, and magnetic charge pins for USB charging (which also double up as battery level indicators). Installation should only take a couple of minutes and a handy Allen key is provided with the light for this purpose.
- Aircraft-grade machined aluminium casing with diamond cut edges
- Etched, silver nickel control panel
- Full aluminum internal chassis for easy cooling and robustness
- 3 modes: 100 lumens flashing, 100 lumens solid and 300 lumens solid
- 13 hours of use per charge (up to 29 when using the LED light only)
- Energy-saving mode gives 4 hours extra runtime when the battery is nearly depleted
- Coloured lights show the battery level
- Dimensions: Length: 115 mm, Width: 33.9 mm, Height: 44.6 mm
- Fits handlebar diameters from 24–32 mm
- Weight: 182g
- Precision built from 109 components
- Direct diode green laser is built to withstand vibrations
- Magnetic charge pins make it easy to charge and also double as battery level indicators
- Fully waterproof
- Mount is made of weather-resistant marine-grade steel
- One hand release mechanism for easy fitting and removal
- Smart bracket ensures the laser can’t turn on when away from your bike
- Laser beam is fully tested and certified so it’s not harmful even if it catches the eye