Genesis Croix De Fer 10 Flat Bar Gravel Bike
The Genesis Croix de Fer from Genesis is a well established bike in All-Road bikes category (as dubbed by Rene Herse). This flat bar version of the classic steel bike takes offers exactly the same versatility as the drop bar version, just without the curly loops up front. This Genesis Croix de Fer 10 flat bar comes with a 2 x 9 speed Shimano Sora Groupset, hydraulic disc brakes and 700 x 40C WTB Nano tyres.
The frame and fork of the Genesis Croix de Fer Flat Bar 10 is made of out Mjolnir Cromoly steel. There are three bottle cage mounts on the frame, rear pannier rack mounts, mudguard mounts and anything cage mounts on the fork. You can really load the Croix de Fer up when you want to. When it comes to tyre clearance, you can fit both 700c and 650B tyres in there with 700c x 50mm and 650B x 50mm in the fork and 700c x 45mm and 650B x 44mm in the back.
Dare we call this a flat bar gravel bike? We’re not so sure what differentiates that from a hybrid. We’re just happy to see this crop of wide tyred, wide geared, and practical bikes shine through.
Small is for heights: 158cm - 168cm
Medium is for heights: 166cm - 176cm
Large is for heights: 174cm - 184cm
What to expect when you buy a bike from Always Riding
All bikes bought from us here are built and PDI’d by one our expert mechanics. A PDI is a Pre Delivery Inspection which is a checklist that our mechanics fill out to confirm that your new bike is ready to ride. Your bike will then be carefully packed into a bike box and dispatched with DPD in the UK. This process usually takes us 7 days. Any questions? Get in touch with us here.
- Frame: Mjolnir Cromoly Steel with rack mounts mudguard mounts, 3 x bottle cage mounts and top tube mount
- Fork: Mjolnir Cromoly steel with anything cage mounts, mudguard mounts and rack mounts
- Front wheel: KT-K68 hub on Jalco XCD23 rim, 100x9mm QR, 700C rim diameter
- Rear wheel: KT-K68 hub on Jalco XCD23 rim, 135x9mm QR, 700C rim diameter
- Tyres: 700C x 40mm WTB Nano
- Drivetrain: Shimano Sora 2 x 9 speed
- Brakes: Shimano MT200 hydraulic disc brakes
- Handlebars: S / M = 660mm, L = 680mm
- Stem: Genesis 100mm, 31.8mm clamp, 7 degree rise
- Saddle: Genesis Adventure
- Seatpost: Genesis 27.2mm
- Pedals: Included, NW-91K With Cage
- Weight: Approximately 12.3kg
- Fork tyre clearance is 700C x 50mm or 650B x 50mm
- Frame tyre clearance is 700C x 45mm or 650B x 44mm
- Full specification sheet can be found here
- A flat bar version of the classic Genesis Croix de Fer
- Plenty of luggage mounts - front racks, rear racks, anything cage mounts on the forks
- Is it a flat bar gravel bike? We just don’t know…
- All bikes are carefully built and PDI’d by one of our expert mechanics
- Bikes are carefully packaged before sending them out to you
- Some assembly will be required when your new bike arrives, this is usually fitting the handlebars and the front wheel
- Any questions? Get in touch with us here