Genesis Croix De Fer 20 Flat Bar Gravel Bike
This is the Genesis Croix De Fer Flat Bar 20. It’s a flat bar version of the Croix De Fer, which really was a defining bike for Genesis (and we reckon it spurred on a few other brands to reconsider their ‘hybrid’ offerings). The frame of Croix De Fer are made out of Reynolds 725 steel and there is a Shimano Tiagra & GRX 2 x 10 speed drivetrain on there.
Genesis like to think about how you carry luggage on your bike and you can see this in the Croix De Fer Flat Bar 20. There are front and rear rack mounts, mudguard mounts and anything cage mounts on the forks. You’ll also find there sets of bottle cage mounts and a set of mounts on the top tube too. We reckon there isn’t much you couldn’t carry on the back of a Croix De Fer.
We’re glad to see the influx of wide tyred hybrids coming through over the past few years and the Genesis Croix De Fer has been at the front of the pack. Whether you’re looking for a comfortable commuter or weekend gravel explored, the Genesis Croix De Fer Flat Bar 20 is the bike for the job.
Full specification sheet can be found here.
Small is for heights: 158cm - 168cm
Medium is for heights: 166cm - 176cm
Large is for heights: 174cm - 184cm
What to expect when you buy a bike from Always Riding
All bikes bought from us here are built and PDI’d by one our expert mechanics. A PDI is a Pre Delivery Inspection which is a checklist that our mechanics fill out to confirm that your new bike is ready to ride. Your bike will then be carefully packed into a bike box and dispatched with DPD in the UK. This process usually takes us 7 days. Any questions? Get in touch with us here.
- Frame: Reynolds 725 Steel with rack mounts mudguard mounts, 3 x bottle cage mounts and top tube mount
- Fork: Mjolnir Cromoly steel with anything cage mounts, mudguard mounts and rack mounts
- Front wheel: KT-K68 hub on Jalco XCD23 rim, 100x9mm QR, 700C rim diameter
- Rear wheel: KT-K68 hub on Jalco XCD23 rim, 135x9mm QR, 700C rim diameter
- Tyres: 700C x 40mm WTB Nano
- Drivetrain: Shimano Tiagra Shifters & GRX RX400 derailleurs 2 x 10 speed
- Brakes: Shimano MT200 hydraulic disc brakes
- Handlebars: S / M = 660mm, L = 680mm
- Stem: Genesis 100mm, 31.8mm clamp, 7 degree rise
- Saddle: Genesis Adventure
- Seatpost: Genesis 27.2mm
- Pedals: Included, NW-91K With Cage
- Weight: Approximately 12.3kg
- Fork tyre clearance is 700C x 50mm or 650B x 50mm
- Frame tyre clearance is 700C x 45mm or 650B x 44mm
- Full specification available here.
- A flat bar version of the classic Genesis Croix de Fer
- Plenty of luggage mounts - front racks, rear racks, anything cage mounts on the forks
- Is it a flat bar gravel bike? We just don’t know…
- All bikes are carefully built and PDI’d by one of our expert mechanics
- Bikes are carefully packaged before sending them out to you
- Some assembly will be required when your new bike arrives, this is usually fitting the handlebars and the front wheel
- Any questions? Get in touch with us here