Marin DSX 1 Gravel Bike
The Marin DSX 1 is dubbed a ‘Flat Bar Gravel Bike’ by Marin. What that means for the bike is that it is one seriously versatile hybrid. The DSX 1 comes fitted with 700 x 45mm tyres as standard but there’s room for up to 29” x 2.1” in there. Tyres are a key factor when it comes to versatility in a bike so we’re glad to see plentiful clearances on the DSX 1.
To compliment the tyres, the Marin DSX 1 comes with a wide range Shimano Deore 11 speed drivetrain. There’s a 51 tooth cog at the back and a 42 tooth chainring on the front which gives you gearing that’s low enough to haul yourself up any hills that you find. There are Tektro, flat mount, hydraulic disc brakes front and rear and there is a cable port to install a stealth routed dropper post if that takes your fancy.
The Marin DSX 1 has plenty of gear and luggage mounts too. There are two water bottle cage mounts in the front triangle, front and rear mudguard mounts, and you can fit front and rear racks on too. No excuses for not being able to fit in any extra gear.
Small is for heights: 160cm - 168cm
Medium is for heights: 168cm - 178cm
Large is for heights: 178cm - 188cm
X-Large is for heights: 188cm - 193cm
What to expect when you buy a bike from Always Riding
All bikes bought from us here are built and PDI’d by one our expert mechanics. A PDI is a Pre Delivery Inspection which is a checklist that our mechanics fill out to confirm that your new bike is ready to ride. Your bike will then be carefully packed into a bike box and dispatched with DPD in the UK. This process usually takes us 7 days. Any questions? Get in touch with us here.
- Frame: Series 3 DSX aluminium with rack mounts mudguard mounts, 2 x bottle cage mounts and stealth dropper routing
- Fork: Full carbon with rack and mudguard mounts
- Front wheel: Forged aluminium hub on Marin rims (21mm inner), 100x12mm thru axle, 700C rim diameter
- Rear wheel: Forged aluminium hub on Marin rims (21mm inner), 142x12mm thru axle, 700C rim diameter
- Tyres: 700 x 45c WTB Riddler
- Drivetrain: Shimano Deore 1 x 11 speed
- Brakes: Tektro HD-R280 hydraulic disc, flat mount
- Handlebars: Marin alloy
- Stem: Marin alloy
- Saddle: Marin DSX
- Seatpost: Marin alloy
- Pedals: Included, Commute Platform
- Fork tyre clearance is 29” x 2.1”
- Frame tyre clearance is 29” x 2.1”
- We’re allowed to call this one a flat bar gravel bike as Marin did it first.
- There’s some serious tyre clearance on here
- All bikes are carefully built and PDI’d by one of our expert mechanics
- Bikes are carefully packaged before sending them out to you
- Some assembly will be required when your new bike arrives, this is usually fitting the handlebars and the front wheel
- Any questions? Get in touch with us here