Chrome Industries Berlin Messenger
The bike messenger's messenger. Berlin is Chrome's latest and best bag for pedal-to-the-metal city riders; those getting places fast, with stuff in tow. Chrome are very bullish about this bag's ability and rightly so - they spent a year riding alongside pro messengers to see what a bag to rule all bags would look like.
Designing the bag from a blank sheet of paper, Chrome began with a padded shoulder strap and back portion of the back for comfort. Next, they gave the Berlin a four-point strap system to make heavy or uneven loads more tolerable. It's connected with Chrome's iconic seatbelt buckle come bottle opener.
Next up on Berlin's hitlist, the main stowage area. The classic combo of inner, waterproof tarp and durable nylon is here as is an extra port with separate velcro closure. Then there's the way the external closure system also doubles as a strap system for carrying oversize items like tubes, large rolls and big packages.
Of course, all these features don't just mean the Berlin is the preserve of the professional. The 47-litre capacity, cross-body carry system and weatherproof build mean that it's good for grocery and laundry runs too, maybe even the odd trip to the post office to return that pesky outsize package.
- External compression straps for securing oversized packages
- Daisy chain mounting loop for attaching carabineer clip or bike light
- Industrial strength Velcro accessory shoulder mounting strap
- Ergonomic shoulder strap design with EVA foam back panel for improved fit and breathability
- Weatherproof 1050 denier Cordura outer shell
- Weatherproof independently suspended military grade 18 oz. truck tarpaulin liner
- Nylon 69 thread and YKK zipper
- Dimensions (cm): 63 wide, 35 high, 28 deep
- Weight: 1.91kg.
- Volume: 47 L
- Iconic quick release buckle with integrated bottle opener
- Secondary shoulder strap converts to X-Strap design for comfort when hauling large loads
- Use a damp non-abrasive cloth to remove marks
- Dry naturally