Fizik Vento Ferox Carbon Gravel Shoe
|41.5||7 3/4||8 3/4|
|42.5||8 1/2||9 1/2|
|43||8 3/4||9 3/4|
|43.5||9 1/4||10 1/4|
|44||9 3/4||10 3/4|
|45||10 1/2||11 1/2|
|45.5||10 3/4||11 3/4|
|46||11 1/4||12 1/4|
|46.5||11 1/2||12 1/2|
This is a top-end, top-spec Fi'zi:k off-road shoe. The sole, which is carbon, is peppered with rubber nodules for grip, control and comfort off the bike. It's also the stiffest sole that Fi'zi:k manufacture.
The funky, dual-closure system needed to get in and out of these shoes isn't just for looks. The powerstrap, seen on some of Fi'zi:k's other shoes helps make the top of the shoe easily adjustable. Lower down the tongue, the BOA closure can be adjusted separately. This way the rider can dial in a customised but secure fit - something you'll need if pushing the pace in a gravel race, going all day (and all night) during a 24 or hopping on and off during a 'cross race.
And what of that distinctive material? Together with some PU laminate the hatching or mesh forms the shoe upper. It reduces the shoe's overall weight (297g) but it's also tear-resistant and durable too.
- Super light gravel racing shoe. Built tough for XC or maybe a bit 'cross riding too
- A "polyurethane-laminated material combined over a translucent and comfortable mesh" - say that again after a few.
- Boa and strap closure
- A tread pattern and rubber coating that makes walking on any surface easy
- Available here in black or a more rowdy pink
- Two-bolt cleat pattern
- Fits true to size so take your usual
- Weight: 297g
- To clean, wipe with a damp cloth
- After riding in the rain, stuff shoes with newspaper.
- Don't place shoes near a direct heat source to dry
- Store in a cool dry place away from direct sunlight
- Check cleats are fastened to torque specification