UNIT 1 Faro MIPS Helmet
UNIT 1 Helmets
|Head Circumference (cm)||52 - 55.5||55.5 - 59||59 - 62.5|
Over the years lights have become commonplace on bikes, bags, jackets and helmets. Whilst there's no substitute for powerful lights placed correctly on a bike, extra flashes of visibility in other areas certainly won't go amiss, especially in busy towns and cities.
In the past we've liked riding with a light on our helmet - it has the benefit of shining (or flashing) wherever you're looking but Unit 1 has gone better, creating the Faro, a dapper-looking urban lid with integrated lights front and rear.
There are a total of standard 30 integrated LEDs on the helmet with a white set at the front and a red set at the back. Also at the rear of the helmet is a strip of 46 RGB LEDs. And here's the thing, this section is customisable. It can show turn signals in orange (a wireless remote mounted to your handlebars is included), extra rear tailights or even something more colourful. The lights last about 3 hours on constant and up to 10 hours in the various flashing modes - they can even be programmed to adapt to changing light conditions. The battery is rechargeable and the whole unit is weather sealed - IPX6 rated to be precise.
Whilst lights are a key part of this helmet, the helmet part of the package has received equal amounts of attention. The fit is comfortable, with generous padding used throughout. There is an adjustable retention system at the back to make sure the Faro fits snug to your head. This version also includes the MIPS safety system. The helmet passes the EN1078 and CPSC certifications.
The Faro is a thoroughly modern cycling helmet with a range of safety features you'll hopefully never have to call upon.
- Fully EN certified helmet with integrated front, rear and turn lights
- This version includes a MIPS liner too
- All electronics are fully weather-sealed
- Weighs 603 grams
- Three sizes available
- Rechargeable battery lasts 3 to 10 hours depending on settings
- Connects to your smartphone to adjust settings and track your rides
- The helmet passes the EN1078 and CPSC certifications
- A sensible approach to keeping yourself visible on the road
- In the box is: helmet, remote, remote mount, charging cable and user guide
- Wipe clean
- Don't leave in direct sunlight