Delivery & Returns
Placing an order
We're experiencing an increased amount of orders at the moment. This means we aren't able to offer same day dispatch on our orders right now. We aim to get all orders out the door and on their way to you within four working days. We hope to get things back up to the speed we want to be at soon.
Available to order items
In order to offer a larger range and greater convenience, we still include a proportion of products that when selected, will tell you that they are available to order, and provide a despatch date estimate. Available to order items are not stocked directly at Always Riding, but are pulled in from a supplier as required, which will delay despatch whilst we wait for them to arrive with us. If your order includes one of these items, you will have the opportunity on checkout to choose whether we should wait to despatch the whole order as one, or send items as they become available.
Standard & Express Options
Our preferred ship partners are DPD and Royal Mail. We are to various destinations across Europe, Scandinavia, the US and beyond. In certain situations, we might have to upgrade your delivery from an Airmail service to a courier service. For example, if your order is a high value or particularly bulky, it might be more efficient to send it with a courier. Please visit the delivery section on checkout to see your personalised ship cost, or view detailed info on ship prices here.
Additional delivery addresses
On checkout, you can happily specify your delivery address, which can be different to your billing details. Our advice, if at work, get your order delivered to you there - our packaging is discreet, and it will save a visit to your local depot if you miss it whilst away from the house.
We ship all items from the UK. Due to Brexit, items for international delivery from the 1st January 2021 may experience a delay as they clear UK customs.
When shipping any order internationally, there is always the chance that custom charges and/or duties will have to be paid on arrival in your country. Whilst most countries do have reasonably high thresholds before charging these fees, it is worth mentioning, and is sadly not something we can do anything about.
If you have chosen DPD delivery, then your order will be fully traceable until delivery to your door. This service will also include emails directly from the delivery company, and offer helpful options such as having your package delivered to a neighbour, held for a period of time (if you are away for example), or in some cases, even delivery to a new address at your request.
Tracked Airmail services allow you to keep tabs on your package as it makes its way across the world to you. They aren't able to tell you when it's going to be delivered but you can watch things unfold on the carrier's tracking page.
Airmail shipments are non-traceable and will be delivered as standard postal deliveries. However, for low-value items, this is an exceedingly good option because despite not being traceable, the postal service is a very reliable and secure delivery option
Final delivery in your country
DPD deliveries are always done by DPD - but for AirMail, your order will most likely be delivered to your door by your national postal service.
Where to go if you miss your delivery
This is almost impossible with DPD due to their really helpful email and text message service, but if you have chosen an Airmail service, your order will most likely be held at your local postal office, or the place where you usually go to pick up a missed postal delivery.
Apparel & Accessories Returns
UK & International Returns:
Any item ordered from Always Riding can be returned for a refund within 28 days of order receipt.
Please post the item(s) back to:
281 Mare Street
Please send your item(s) back to us using a suitable airmail or courier service as you see fit. You may wish to use a tracked service for peace of mind, but do bear in mind that we can only accept responsibility once they arrive back to us.
For returns arriving from outside of Europe, please make sure to use the phrase ‘RETURN TO SENDER - FAILED SALE’ on the exterior of the package.
Helpful return notes:
- Please do not remove tags or labels from an item. Unfortunately, if tags are removed, we will not be able to accept the return
- Retain the packaging that protected an item, and return it along with the item
- Items should be unfitted and unworn (apart from an initial try on or examination)
- Steer clear of strong perfumes or deodorants that may leave a scent or mark on apparel when trying on
I received an incorrect item or my item was damaged in transit
On the rare occasion that we ship you an incorrect item or your item arrives damaged, please get in touch with us so that we can resolve the issue as quickly as we can. If your parcel is noticeably 'damaged in transit' you must sign for it as such otherwise we will not be able to take any responsibility for any damage caused.
Resolutions in both scenarios are subject to the following conditions:
- You must notify us within 7 days of receipt.
- Goods must be in the original packaging (even if they are damaged)
- Goods must not be fitted or used.
- Please include a postal receipt
How to send back an unwanted bike or frame
We really hope that you love your new bike or frame, 'cos what's better than a new bike? (Answer: two new bikes...). But, if you do have to return it, then please contact us beforehand. You'll have to cover the cost of shipping the return to us, but apart from that, as long as it comes back to us in the same condition we sent it out to you, then all will be fine. Please note that if you have taken the bike or frame out of its box, then it's really important you repack it carefully so that it comes back to us in the same condition in which we shipped it. If in doubt, contact us for some advice!!
Refunds will be processed back to your original method of payment within 30 days of your return arriving back with us here. They can take up to an additional 4 working days to arrive in your account depending on your bank’s policies.
Problems with your item(s)
We stand by all of the products we sell at Always Riding, but even with the best will in the world, sometimes issues can occur. From a belligerent zip to a suicidal trouser button, things can of course break. If one of your purchases fails to meet your expectations, performs less than admirably, or unexpectedly fails during use, then please contact us to arrange a warranty return.
As with all of our returns, they should be accompanied by a returns form. If it is a warranty, the chances are that you have already been in touch – but if you have not got a returns form, just ask. We cannot cover any postage costs associated with returning any warranty items to us.
All warranties are subject to the following terms:
- We do not warrant against failure or damage due to misuse such as, but not limited, to incorrect installation, poor maintenance, abuse or neglect, using the product for something other than its intended purpose, alteration of the product unless expressly permitted in writing by Bike Republic. Nor does it cover general wear and tear on tyres, inner tubes, brakes, brake and gear cables, brake pads, light bulbs, chain rings, chains, cassettes, rims, batteries etc.
- Corrosion and/or deterioration caused by material fatigue defined as the natural breakdown of materials that occurs after extended use will not be covered under warranty.
- After the initial 30 day period Always RIding reserve the right to repair/replace any defective part under warranty.
- Warranty is non-transferrable and applies to the original purchaser only.
- Proof of purchase is required with all potential warranty claims.
- Any item that is repaired or replaced under warranty will be covered by a period equal to the remaining warranty period of the original part.
- Usage during competitions, events, circuits or activities other than those for which the bicycle/component has been conceived will greatly reduce its useful life and is not covered under warranty.
- Costs incurred as a result of loss of use, as well as labour charges for part replacement or changeovers, are not covered.
- If near the end of a given warranty period and a repair/replacement is not possible we reserve the right to offer: a. an alternative of equal or greater value (colour may vary) or b. a partial refund proportional to the remaining life of the product.
When we receive the goods, we will carry out a warranty inspection.
If goods are returned in an ‘unhygienic’ state, we will not be able to carry out a warranty inspection and will return the product following payment of postage.
There are a number of different warranty types as follows:
- Warranty claims will now be assessed in house by our team of accredited technicians.
- We will examine your returned item and contact you with the options available to you.
- If your claim is found to be warrantable and we stock it we can repair/replace your item from our own stock.
- If deemed warrantable and a repair is not possible we will carry out your instructions as per your warranty claim form.
Back to Supplier Warranty
- The manufacturer/supplier may require us to return the item back for a thorough examination before repair or replacement can take place
- If this is the case, we will inform you of the approximate turnaround time.
- We will liaise with the supplier and work hard to keep your claim moving swiftly towards its conclusion.
- Unless resolved, we will contact you after three weeks with an update.
Limitation of Liability
- At all times our acceptance of an order takes place on despatch of the order, at which point the purchase contract will be made and you will be charged for your order.
- All offers are subject to availability and while stocks last.
- All prices are quoted in pounds sterling (£) and include Value Added Tax (VAT) at UK rates. It may be necessary to adjust prices in the event of an increase in VAT rates, or as a result of a manufacturer price increase. Customers are entitled to a full refund if this is not acceptable.
- If any prices are displayed inaccurately online we reserve the right to cancel and refund the order without further liability.